Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not a minute to spare!

It has been a crazy week and I really haven't had time to get on here and post about anything. I know I said I would update about Amy's soccer game but by the time we got home on Sunday night we were all exhausted and hungry!!!

Amy's game went really well although they lost 4-2. They played great and it was so different watching a really tough and competitive game. It certainly was a step up in competition level and the girls rose to the challenge. To watch it was very stressful!

After getting back from the game I had cupcakes to start decorating for a birthday lunch I was going to on Monday. My friends Melissa and Gina have birthdays close together so we celebrated on the same day at Fabulous Brew. I had decided to make a cupcake bouquet and while it looked pretty - it was not easy to drive with!

That night Amy's team were taking part in training in Prince Frederick and then they were training younger rec players later that evening. I picked up another of the girls along with Amy, brought them home, got them to do homework and get dressed, ate a quick bite and then we were out by 4.30pm and on our way. Training started at 5pm and while Shaun and the girls took part in that, the Moms and I walked. This is something which is becoming a habit now at practices and it's a good way for us all to keep fit and talk :) Joe played with his friend and fellow team mate, Sawyer and then they both took part in the rec training. The turn out from Rec players was very disappointing. Our girls were supposed to be working with the 5-6yr old girls. Only 1 turned up and she was from Shaun's coed team. Another group of players were going to work with the 5-6yr old boys and the only 2 to turn up were Joe and Sawyer. The girls were all fighting over Joe and they all thought he was cute. He played them! What we ended up doing was getting everyone together and splitting into groups. The older girls worked with Amy's team and the 5-6yr olds and it worked out really well. Amy and her friends had such a good time and the older girls taught them some tricks which they thought was really cool!
We got home from that and Shaun got changed and headed straight out to his own soccer game which started at 9.15pm. He wasn't home until around 11pm. Amy and Joe were straight in the shower, in pj's, ate a snack and were off to bed. Phew! Then it was time for me to start on another cake for my friend Gina's birthday the following day. She recently got back from a cruise and stated that she wanted to buy her own island. In the meantime I made her one out of cake! I was working on that until 12.15am before heading off to bed. I got up and finished it the next morning once I had finished volunteering in Amy's school. Once it was done I was out the door again to pick up Joe and then head to Gina's. Our friend Rose who moved to Portland last year was here to visit so it was great for us all to get together again. The kids were happy to see one another and I know Aiden had been waiting all week to see his buddy Joe.



After leaving there and picking up Amy it was a crazy time getting ready to head out to soccer once again at 4.30pm. Practices were good though and I got lots of walking done once again. The kids were exhausted by the time we were done as they had been out running around for almost 3hrs.

Yesterday was busy also and I tried to get some stuff done around the house although I wasn't quite as successful as I would've liked. After picking up Joe I clean one of the classrooms in his preschool and then I have to go back later in the afternoon to finish up the rest once they are finished for the day. I hate Wednesday afternoons but free tuition is well worth it. Last night I then had website training online for our soccer team. It was a conference call where we all dialled in and then followed along the demo online. It went pretty well although our phone decided to die halfway through! It was pretty straightforward though and I've managed to update a little since then. You can check out the CSA Sharks right here.

Today I've been doing stuff on the computer for our team newsletter and I've also been calling hotels for the last few hours trying to secure rooms for a soccer tournament our club is hosting in June. Someone else was supposed to be doing it but muggins here is doing it now. It's actually not too bad - just time consuming. Tonight we have practice again. Joe's is from 5-6pm and Amy's is 6-7.30pm. After that Shaun has a meeting to go to from 7.30 - 9pm and I'm going to try to get to Amy's school for the art show before it closes at 8pm. Hopefully we can make it.

And that is about all we have been up to!

Please keep my cousin Kirsty and her husband Andy in your thoughts today. Kirsty is having a kidney transplant and Andy is her donor. It's amazing that he is the one who is the perfect match - she can pick them well, can't she? Surgery is long and I'm still waiting to hear how everything has gone. Hopefully not much longer.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Girl, you wear me out just reading about all the comings and goings with the kids and their sports!!! I love the cupcake bouquet, how'd you get them to stick in the styrofoam? Are they on sticks?
I will say a prayer for your cousin, what a worrying thing to have to go through, but how amazing that her hubby is the match. Yes she can definitely pick em ;-)
Been busy as usual this week running around here and there and feeling like I haven't done much!