Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy Morning

Today has been hectic already and it's only 7.45am!!! We were up at 6.30am getting Shaun and Amy packed up and ready to head off to Baltimore for the soccer tournament. Shaun and I packed up a lot of the stuff last night but you know how it is the next morning. I made their sandwiches fresh this morning and then packed everything in the cooler but there was no room for drinks so I re-packed everything in a bigger cooler! They will not go hungry or thirsty!!! I'm very sad not to be going - especially when I'm the one who gets everyone else organised but, Joe's game is just as important. I get to be Coach for his game today so I hope we win or I'll be getting it in the neck from Shaun! lol

Last night was the Silent Auction at Amy's school. While the Silent Auction goes on in the gym there is a dance for the kids in the cafeteria. Joe decided he didn't want to go so he and Shaun stayed at home. Amy was excited about the dance and she was showered, lotioned and lip glossed all ready to go. She looked really cute and of course I forgot to take a picture!!! Sorry:(

There were some really good items in the auction this year. I was hoping to find that the cafeteria ladies were once again auctioning off time to work with them again but they didn't. Amy did this last year and she loved it. She got to help out in the cafeteria for a couple of days, serving food, taking the money and using the cash register, restocking the chips and snacks etc. Since that wasn't on offer this time I bid on the time with her teacher to have an afternoon with her teacher doing a craft and eating pizza etc - all of the 2nd grade teachers were doing this together. This started to get nasty at the end and a couple of the Moms were pissing me off so I moved on to "a catered lunch with the principal for you and 2 friends" This bid closed at 8.30pm so at 8.20pm I was hovering over the table and then another woman came up as she wanted that one too. They started counting down from 10 - 0 to close the bids and so I started to write slowly with my bid number and $ amount and before I finished the woman behind me shoulder charged me and started scribbling below me. I scowled and told her I hadn't even written in my $ amount yet and by the time I had, the bidding was closed. My elbows are way sharper than yours lady! Yay! So Amy is excited about her upcoming lunch and she's choosing Sophie and Jared to join her.

So, today Joe and I are at home this morning and we'll be leaving around 12.40pm to go to his game. It's going to get up to 80 today so I hope the kids are ok playing soccer in the heat. Other than that we don't have a lot planned. I'd like to cut the grass again as it's really long with all of the rain we had. I might try and get it done before soccer and before it gets too hot. Plus, they are calling for thunderstorms later today. We should be back from Joe's game around 2.45pm and Shaun and Amy should be home around 4pm. Tomorrow all 4 of us will be heading to Baltimore for day 2 of the tournament and I'm excited about that. Hopefully they play well today and lay a good foundation for tomorrow's games. Go Sharks!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am woman, hear me roar!!! That mom didn't know who she was messing with ;-)
Hope you all have a lovely day and win your games. Jason is playing golf today so will be gone most of the day (when he finally gets out of bed that is!). Not sure what me and K will do, probably not much, she likes playing outside with the other kids and I get to sit and knit :-)

Unknown said...

You're a fiesty one, huh? lol Sounds like a busy day.. but I'm sure you love it that way. I know I do!