Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Catch Up

I know it's been a long time since I blogged but I have just been way too busy with everyday life. Saturday turned out to be one crazy day. Joe's game was very stressful with me coaching. I thought it was bad enough just watching but coaching is a whole different experience. We only just scraped a 1-0 victory and the final quarter of the game seemed to last forever! I got a call to say that Amy's team won their first game so I was happy about that. Then, once Joe's game was finished I tried calling Shaun to ask how the second game went and he said he'd call me right back. 25 mins went by and no call. Then Cara called me presuming I'd spoken to Shaun and she tells me they're just sitting on the side of the road making sure Shaun is ok - the car had broken down! It overheated and the AC started blowing out hot air and then the temperature gage wouldn't budge from H. He pulled over and a couple of parents who were following him got out their unused water bottles and they started filling up the radiator. The car cooled a little and he tried driving a little further but then it overheated again and all of the water suddenly just blew out. So, Amy drove home with another family while Shaun waited for AAA to come. It cost $150 to tow the car back here and then just under $300 to get it fixed. It turned out the thermostat had jammed and it had to be replaced.

On Sunday we were off to Baltimore for day 2 of Amy's tournament. The girls played great and ended up finishing 3rd overall which we were very pleased with especially seeing as it was their first tournament. They lost their first game on Sunday 2-1 but bounced back with a 2-1 win in their final game and it was such a good way to end the day.

This week has just been busy with everyday kind of stuff although I don't seem to really have achieved much overall. I'm desperately playing catch up and it's almost the weekend once again when we have soccer both days. Today Joe went on a trip to Kindergarten with his preschool and he had a really good time. He thought it was so funny that many of the teachers guessed who he was without even knowing his last name! Hopefully it's because he looks like Amy rather than his reputation going before him!!! While he was there I rushed home to mow the lawn while I had the chance. With all the rain we've been getting the grass (or should I say weeds) is growing like crazy. I just got done and it was time to run straight back to preschool. After that he came with me to the doctors office to get my allergy shot, then Safeway and then home. We had a little while at home before getting Amy and after playing at the playground we rushed home once again to get ready to head out. Shaun had an earlier game tonight at 6.30pm so we decided to go and watch him along with some of the other girls and parents from Amy's team. It was their chance to shout at their coach the way he shouts when they play ;-) They had fun and Shaun's team won 5-2!

While I was out shopping today I came across a magazine called Clean Eating. I've been reading a lot about "clean eating" lately and am very interested in how it benefits the body and it is a great way of staying as healthy as possible and trying to fight off cancer cells in the body etc. "Clean eating" is simply about eating foods in their natural state rather than eating processed foods which contain so many preservatives, sugars and fats. I hope I can get really into this and I would love to have a buddy to join me. Anyone up for the challenge? Gina, I think you would like this and I'll have to give you some of the info I have as there's a lot about allergies and keeping kids healthy which I think you'd be interested in. Also Denise, I think you'd like it too. To receive a free issue of the magazine you can sign up here.

Well, I need to go and sort out my kitchen before bedtime. I left it in a bit of a disastrous state earlier. Have a good night!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh I already want that mag, it looks very interesting - I've signed up for the free trial. I subscribe to Eating Well also, I'm just all in to healthy eating right now, although I keep falling off the wagon so to speak!
Your footy keeps you all so busy, I don't know how you do it. Well done on the win's though. Shame about the car, hope it's all fixed now.
Hugs
Denise

Unknown said...

Glad the car troubles weren't any worse!! Congratulations on the wins!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks,I ordered my free trial issue as well! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you to find ways to keep me healthy!;)