Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Can't think of a wittty title for today;-)

I know it's hard to believe but I just can't be witty every day. Some days I just need a day off to recoup ;-)

Sunday turned out to be a pretty long and boring day once Amy's game was cancelled. I didn't make it to the dump like I intended. The kids were bored and so they kept fighting and bickering with one another on and off the whole day. Oh what joy!

Yesterday was back into the routine of school and sports. I did a quick run to the grocery store after taking both kids to school and then I came home to tackle some of the treasures ie. crap, in our garage. I found at least 10 large empty boxes which I then broke down for recylcing. It took me almost an hour to sort that lot out and then head to the dump. Isn't the life of a Mom just so enthralling? When I got to the dump they had just started the changing of the guard (actually it was the changing of the dumpsters but that doesn't sound quite as cool) so I had to sit there for 15 mins til they re-opened. Then I had to race back home to swap cars and head to preschool to pick up Joe.

Joe was funny yesterday. They made a castle for their craft at school yesterday and he was just so excited about it. All it was was 2 turrets at either end and one piece of construction paper in between with a door drawn on it. Well, he had all sorts of plans for me once we got home. I was instructed to make the other 3 walls and attach them so it looked like a proper castle and then he got all of his little Star Wars Lego figures to play in it. It was so cute. He couldn't stop talking! Today he's already told me that when he gets home from school I need to help him make another castle for the bad guys!

Amy had technical training for soccer last night so it was another rush after school to get home, get ready, get fed and head out by 4.30pm. We had Hannah come along with us and we met everyone else there. It was freezing! The Moms and I walked but the field was really wet so it wasn't as enjoyable as usual. Joe of course got up to his eyes in mud and no matter how many times I told him to get out of the ditch I would find him back in it seconds later. Typical boy. The girls had fun training and at the end there was a presentation from Soccer 94 to CSA for $6,500. This is money that is left over from the World Cup and the Olympics and CSA applied for a grant and got it. The money will go towards buying equipment for Monday night training. There was a photo taken of all the kids and coaches you can see it here. Who is that guy in white draped across the grass right in the front row?????

Today is pretty blah weather wise. They keep saying that it will brighten up but it's still drizzling and cloudy. We have practices again tonight so hopefully it's a bit warmer by then. This morning I volunteered in Amy's class helping with reading and then photocopying and such like. After that I headed to Safeway for a couple of things and then home. Right now I need to hot tail it out of here and go and get Joe. I'm back, did you miss me?

Emma was saying yesterday that as she was reading this she half expected me to be typing with one hand and making a cake with the other - not quite. But today I am typing this and finishing up and printing my newsletters ready for soccer tonight. I had done most of the work on Saturday right after Joe's game while it was still fresh in my mind but I never got to print the final copies.

Have
any of you seen Randy Pausch on TV before? He is the guy who gave "The Last Lecture" at the university where he taught last year. He was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and his lecture was about living out your dreams. I saw him on Oprah last year and thought he was just such a cool guy who has an amazing spirit. If you haven't seen it before you can see the lecture he gave on Oprah here (it really isn't morbid or depressing). Tomorrow night he is doing an ABC special at 10pm with Dianne Sawyer. If you will be watching Idol be sure to TiVo ABC at 10pm EST.

Ok
my final piece of news for the day: My cousin Kirsty who had the kidney transplant last Thursday is doing great! The Drs are very pleased with her recovery and progress and they're even talking of her going home already. Andy on the otter hand hasn't been recovering too well. He's been pretty sick and he isn't able to lie down and has to sleep sitting up. His feet are really swollen up too. Hopefully in the next few days he will start to improve. I think he went home far too soon just so the hospital had an empty bed.

Now
I need to eat lunch and make that castle that my son is sitting waiting so patiently for :-)

1 comment:

Denise said...

You don't have to be witty every day ;-) and you don't have to post every day either, the amount of other stuff you do I'm surprised you even get time to check your email! Just keep us posted a few times a week so we don't wonder what you're up to ;-)
Great to hear that your cousin is doing well, shame her hubby is feeling so sick. I hope he feels better soon too - that's gotta suck. They are both so brave.
I've had a nice quiet day today (you get them a lot when you've only got one kid) ;-) Just did laundry and knitting!