Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Friday!

I love Fridays even when they signify the start to what is going to be a busy weekend! Just not having to make the school runs is enough to make me happy:) Today has been busy as usual running errands etc. Joe does not have school on Fridays so the pair of us headed to Walmart this morning once we'd dropped Amy at school. We needed a few things including flip flops for both kids. The selection of boys styles was extremely lacking so we decided to wait until we went to another store hoping that they would have more choice. After Walmart we did a big grocery shop at Safeway, then to Payless where they didn't have a single pair of flip flops and Kmart where we finally found flip flops for them both. Joe chose Iron Man ones and Amy had instructed me to find lime green as a first choice and pink as a second. The ones I found were both lime green and pink so Mommy did good:) After that we then went to Office Depot for paper and then to Nicks for some fresh pizza dough for dinner. Phew!

The worst bit about coming home is having to empty all of the bags and put everything away - it seems to take me forever. And of course while I'm in the middle of doing that Shaun comes upstairs and asks if I wouldn't mind making him some lunch and to just give him a shout when it's ready! I got sorted pretty quickly and we all had lunch. I had a nice healthy salad which is becoming my staple these days following my fruit smoothie for breakfast. This morning's smoothie was banana, mango and vanilla yogurt. Yumm! Joe and I bought lots of really nice fresh fruit at the store today so I have ample supplies to make plenty more over the next few days. Joe is funny to go food shopping with as he picks such funny things for a kid. He wanted every type of melon they had - cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew, pineapple, apples, etc and then he loves green beans and the likes. Then onto the canned vegetables and he chooses beans in every color - butter beans, lima beans (yuck!) chick peas, kidney beans. How the boy doesn't explode from the waist down is beyond me (although it would make a great blog photo!!!!!)

This afternoon I had some letter writing to do on the computer and I pottered around in the house for a while and then we headed to the post office and on to Amy's school for pick up. It's such a beautiful sunny day here and 80 degrees so we went to the playground for half an hour or so before heading home. The kids are excited for Ben 10 night tonight on the Cartoon Network. It's a new Ben 10 movie that's been advertised for a long time so they are thankful that it's finally today.

Tomorrow Joe has a soccer game at 10.40am locally and then on Sunday Amy has a game up in Dundalk, Baltimore at 2pm. It seems so long since her team played so I'm excited they have a game this weekend. Hopefully it will be wins all round in our house.

Other than soccer this weekend we hope to get out in the garden and cut the grass, pull weeds and tidy the beds up. It really needs doing as it's a mess still and I'd like to get some additional plants put in before the weather starts getting too hot and dry.

That's about all folks. I don't even have a photo to share with you today. I had meant to take one of the kids making their own pizas for dinner tonight but I didn't rmemeber until after we'd eaten them. D'oh!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh it warmed up for you then :-) I've been putting up some 'butterfly' lights on my balcony and I sat out there for a bit and read. It's 7.20pm on Friday now, and Jason is still working downstairs with Scott. Kristen is just hanging out watching tv. Sun is still shining bright!
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Denise

Unknown said...

Wow.. what's Amy doing having a game all the way in Dundalk!? That's a hike for ya!