Sunday, March 30, 2008

First Game of the Season

Today Amy has her first game of the season and her first game since moving up to a travel team. We're excited and nervous all at the same time. I really think the girls are good enough however we know nothing about the competition which is something we're not used to at all. The game is in Baltimore so it's a bit of a hike - hopefully it'll be well worth the trip. I'll be sure to update when we get back.

Other than that we have nothing planned for today. I'm cooking dinner right now so we can just reheat once we get back from the game. I know I will not feel like cooking from scratch once we get home. I'm making spaghetti and meatballs so that's an easy one to warm up.

It is sunny today but chilly. I think the high is only 50F and no doubt it will feel 20 degrees colder on the soccer field as it always does. I'm going to pack a blanket just incase. If the parking lot is close enough to the field Joe can even just sit in the back of my car and play his DS and keep nice and toasty:)

There's not a lot else to tell for today really. We're just hanging out at home knowing we have to head out right after lunch. The kids are just playing and relaxing and haven't even gotten dressed yet - just the way they like their Sunday's to be (me too!)

I'll leave it there before this gets any more boring! Hopefully I can report a win later today.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So how did the team do? Hope they had a good game win or lose, but of course win would be great ;)
I was planting flowers out today and we just put some seeds in starter pots. We're having our soil tested cos the stuff I planted last week is already looking like sh@!#$$ :-/