Friday, April 25, 2008

It's the weekend!

Friday has always been the start of the weekend for me no matter what we're doing. To me it is just one of those feel good days no matter what. I know Amy has been particularly looking forward to this Friday because it is the night of the school dance and Silent Auction:) While the parents get to peruse the Silent Auction in the gym the kids get to attend a dance in the cafeteria which works out well for everyone. Hopefully Amy won't be too disappointed when we have to leave a little earlier than normal but she has an early game in Baltimore in the morning and she has to leave around 7.45am so she can't be up too late.

Yesterday was a busy day as it usually is on any given Tuesday or Thursday. I had plans to drop both kids off at school and then head home to mow the lawn (weeds) at the back of the house. When I took Amy to school I had to run into the office for something and while I was there I bumped into Melissa, Emma and Darcey. We thought it was funny that all of us were there together and decided that it was a good excuse to go and have coffee at Starbucks. We had fun and it was better than cutting grass but I was a good girl and left after an hour so I could at least achieve something before picking up Joe from preschool. I ran to Walmart to pick up our team photos and then I set out with the task of mowing down all of the weeds in the back yard which had grown ginormous with all the rain we had last weekend. It was a killer trying to mow up and down that steep slope but I finally managed it. The main problem was that the ground was still really wet underneath and I kept slipping. I finished at 11.30am got into my flip flops and headed straight to Joe's school. When I got there he immediately asked if we could go to the park with one of his friends. I really could have done without it but I agreed as long as he promised to leave nicely when it was time to go. We stayed only for a half hour or so and then went to Safeway to get some fresh fruit before heading home. After that I just did some laundry and cleared up a bit before getting Amy.

I had to run Joe's soccer practice again with Shaun being at VA. It went ok and the kids seemed to have fun but it was a little chaotic. The park was really busy and the parking was a nightmare. Shaun called me during practice to say he was going to be later than expected as there was an overturned truck with an oil spill and traffic was awful. So, I then had to go to Amy's practice and get her team started until he got there. He made it there only about 10 mins after me so it didn't turn out to be so bad after all.

My allergies are pretty bad today especially after spending so much time outdoors. My eyes are really itchy and my throat and ears are sore. Tree pollen is extremely high right now so I guess that is what is bothering me so much. I was hoping my allergy shots would've helped me a bit more but it must be a bit too early still to really feel the benefits of that seeing as I'm still on a really low dose.

Well I think that is all for now. Tomorrow is a soccer day for us all. Shaun will go with Amy to her tournament and I will go with Joe to his game. It's killing me not going to Amy's game - I've never missed one before and to miss 2 in one day is not good. Hopefully they will do well. They have been playing so great in practice it would be nice if all of their hard work paid off in the games too. I will be able to go to the games on Sunday so that is something to look forward to. And hopefully I can fill in well as coach of Joe's team on Saturday as they haven't lost a game yet under Shaun. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you must be as busy as I am! LOL I hear ya on missing Amy's game/tournament! Now that both girls are on teams that travel, we often have conflicts when it comes to games. This Sunday, for example, they both have a game at 2:15! Since I've gone to Rebecca's games the previous 2 conflicts, Steve gets to go to hers this time. Have a great weekend!