Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Monday

And so begins another week. Did you all have a good weekend? We had a pretty good one. On Saturday Joe had a game right after lunch. Just as were getting ready to head out we heard thunder and the sky went black. There was no word to say that games had been cancelled so we headed down to the park. When we got there it looked ominous as there was a mass exodus out of the parking lot however, games still appeared to be on. There was a delay as some games had stopped for about 45mins until the thunder and lightning passed so instead of our game starting at 12.50pm it didn't start until around 1.30pm.

We had a good game and although we were missing on of our regular players we still went on to win the game 4-3. We actually would've won by more if the referee had actually known the rules. To say she was hopeless was a bit of an understatement. We didn't do much for the rest of the day really - just hung out at home and the kids played. Yesterday Joe had another game but not until mid afternoon. Once again the sun was shining in the morning and then as soon as it was time to leave the house the clouds came and the rain started. By the time we got to the park it was freezing! We had team photographs first and then we headed over to the game field. We had a full team and the kids were raring to go. The second kick of the game ended in a goal for us and we never stopped after that. We ended up winning 14-0!!!!! We went down a player and they added a player so we played 3v5 for most of the game to try and make it more competitive but we just couldn't stop scoring and the best part was every player on our team scored at least one goal! Joe got two, one from regular play and one from a direct free kick. They were all very pleased with themselves although it was actually a little embarrassing by the end. I felt sorry for the blue team but to be honest they could still be playing now and they wouldn't have scored.


Today I have been at home mostly. I dropped both kids off at school this morning and then went home to work out to my Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I told friends not to call me this morning so I could actually get through a workout without the phone ringing - and it worked. After that I just showered, got dressed, cleaned the bathroom etc and then it was time to go and pick up Joe and clean the preschool. Tonight Amy's team have Technical Training at Hallowing Point Park and we have to be there by 5pm so it will be another afternoon of rushing to get there in time. It is worth it once we are there and Joe gets to play with his friend and I get to walk with the girls. And it certainly helps that the sun is shining.

Not a very exciting update I know but this is life around here and this is what our days consist of for the most part. Every now and then we have excitement - but not that often!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I started my own blog here, at blogger... come by and see it. I agree, it's much easier to post pictures!!!

Denise said...

Ya know, you can always ignore the phone if you're busy working out ;-)
I made it to the gym today too, so hopefully I can do two other days this week too.
14-0? Great for you, but oh those other poor kids.
I've stayed home all day too trying to catch up with housework.
And I actually blogged !!!!