Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break

This week the kids are off school for Spring Break. It's nice to not have to get up and run out to school every morning, go back for Joe at lunchtime and then back for Amy in the afternoon.

We started our week with a trip to Baltimore very early on Monday morning. Shaun was being sworn in as an American citizen and we all went along to the ceremony. There was quite a bit of waiting around and the kids were a little antsy but the promise of a trip to ESPN Zone afterwards did the trick. Once the ceremony was over we headed for the Inner Harbor. It was really cold and when we discovered that ESPN Zone wasn't yet open we went into the bookstore for coffee and warmth! Every few minutes the kids asked if ESPN was open yet and we had the big 40 minute countdown. When we finished our drinks the kids eagerly went to look at the children's books and soon forgot about the time!

So, we eventually made it to ESPN Zone and it was funny that the kids were so excited as they've never even been there before and had no idea what to expect. As soon as they walked in they were saying how awesome it was and off they went in search of the perfect video game to play. We had fun trying all of the different games although I spent most of my time holding all of the coats! After playing for a while it was time to eat in the restaurant below. The food was excellent and certainly hit the spot. The kids both had chicken tenders, I had a black and blue burger which was really good and Shaun had a philly cheesesteak. Yum! Back to the games we went and finished off our pre paid game card before heading out back tot he car. All in all it was a fun day out and I even remembered to take some photos.

Yesterday we did NOTHING! We were all tired from our adventure the day before. Amy even went to lie down in the afternoon and then asked if she could go to bed at 7pm! When Amy is tired something is definitely up as she normally hates settling down to sleep. We all found it hard to get motivated yesterday and I even found Shaun nodding off in his office! lol

Amy had soccer practice last night as usual on a Tuesday although attendance was a bit low due to school vacations. We had a quick bite to eat before heading out and instead of making a full meal as usual I decided just to do appetizers and it went down really well. Joe asked if we could have this again as he really liked it. Surprisingly the veggies were the first thing to go. We had blue cheese and ranch dips too which didn't make it into the picture.

Soccer was freezing! Some parents and Joe sat in the cars while 3 of us braved the cold and wind. Only 5 girls turned up so practice started early and finished early but that was fine with us. I still had not warmed up by bedtime.

Today has been another lazy one by all accounts. My car is in the shop being serviced and getting the A/C and heat blower fixed. I'm just waiting for them to call to say it's ready. We've been housebound but maybe that's just as well as it's now raining and Amy has a really bad migraine. I sent her upstairs a little while ago to lie down and after a few minutes she threw up and brought up the medicine I had just given her. Hopefully it won't last too long. I feel bad for her as I know how awful migraines are. Hopefully she'll feel fine by the time I have to go and pick up my car or I'm pretty much stuck!
Oh, here is a picture of the Easter cookies I made for the kids at Amy and Joe's school. I think I ended up making around 40 of them. They are pretty labor intensive but I like how the finished product looks, don't you?
Well that's quite enough for one day. I need to check on Amy and finish dinner. I have my car back (Shaun made it home in time to watch the kids so I didn't have to have sicko ride in the car!) so we're all set. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Denise said...

YAY! You're using blogger:) I use bloglines now too to keep track of which of the blogs I read have posted, so I shall add you and be able to pop in every time you post :) Now I'm gonna actually read what you've wrote and catch up with you.
Hey, we just bought our tickets to England - $4900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise said...

Poor Amy, are migraines hereditary? I didn't know kids so young got them, but I know she's had a few. Hope she's feeling better now.
Love the cookies, you really should be selling those, they look delicious and very professionally done. Well keep posting,it's great catching up with you like this.
:)

Jessica said...

I look forward to reading your posts Jules! The cookies are super cute- I can just imagine how delicious they taste mmmmmm!