Friday, March 21, 2008

A Good Friday

So far we've had a "Good Friday!" The kids and I went to play mini golf at a place not far from here. The sun is shining and it's fairly warm so it was nice to get outside. They had fun and they seemed to zoom around the 18 holes in no time at all. I took my camera to snap some pics to post here but lo and behold when I went to take the first photo the camera battery was dead. Bummer! I'll just have to keep the pictures in my head instead. It ended in tears at leaving time because they both wanted to try the batting cages but Joe isn't old enough as you have to be 6. So, I told them we'll have to come back and try those when he has his birthday. He soon got over it.

After leaving there we headed to Panera Bread for a bite to eat and a drink. Amy and I had lemon poppyseed bundt cakes and Joe had a plain bagel. Yumm. We then headed to the store to buy pizza dough for making our own pizzas tonight. Our next disappointment was when we went to the library - it was closed! So Joe was in tears again :( It's so hard being 5.

When we got home Shaun had set up the play station and "Rock Band" as a surprise. The kids didn't even know we had bought it until they suddenly heard the roar of drums coming from the basement. I took a peek down there to see how it was going and this is what I found. They all look so serious!!!!! They are playing/singing Mississippi Queen just incase you are wondering.

Not a lot else to post about today really. The bobcat arrived this morning and Shaun will start levelling off the land tomorrow morning. We have it for the whole weekend so hopefully that will be enough time to get everything done that he needs. Have a good rest of the day!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Jason bought Rockband but I'm just not that bothered about it. Kristen doesn't seem interested in even trying it either! You need to make your pictures bigger so I can enlarge them on blogger, I can hardly see their faces playing the instruments, so I can't tell they look serious ;)

Denise said...

A little better. but I wonder why you can't click on your images like you can on my template to enlarge them?