Saturday, March 29, 2008

Super Saturday!

I'm so glad it's the weekend. Even though it's still fairly busy just not having the runs back and forth to school make for a much calmer and relaxed day. Today I'm just doing catch up with laundry and such and then later on after lunch I may take a run up to Target as I need a few things. The kids will enjoy that as they both have money left from Easter so I know they'll want to check out the toy selection. Shaun is outside doing more yard work. This weekend he's digging the trenches ready for the cement foundations to the retaining walls. We're thinking of just bringing the ready mixed cement in and having the foundations poured rather than having to mix all of the sand and cement with our mixer and then barrow it in. Even having a cement mixer it's still back breaking work.

Yesterday turned out to be another crazy busy day. Joe and I did a little shopping and then met his friend at McDonald's and we were there for an hour and a half while Ian's Mom interviewed at a nearby school. The boys had a lot of fun. The playground at this McDonald's is outdoors and it was a beautiful day so it worked out well.

After lunch we had to hurry home so I could put the finishing touches on the cookie bouquet I made for Melissa's birthday. It turned out ok for a first attempt but there are definitely some changes I'd make if I do another. Shrink wrapping the whole thing was actually the biggest nightmare of all!
Well I guess if I'm going to achieve what I want to achieve today I had better make a move and get on with it. First off is a breakfast smoothie as I'm starving! Hope you have a good day whatever you are doing.

2 comments:

Denise said...

The bouquet looks beautiful! Would it not be easier to just put a normal plastic bag over and tie at the top. I would be worried that heating up the shrink wrap would melt the cookie icing! We're headed out to Lowes to get stuff for the front garden. Enjoy your Saturyda.
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow the cookie bouquet is gorgeous and a really cute idea, i've never seen that before it. I love it! Sarah x x