Friday, March 28, 2008

Lost Momentum

The momentum for blogging every day didn't last long! I'm tired and have been really busy the last few days. I want it to be Spring break again!!!!!

The kids went back to school on Tuesday and with that came soccer practices that night. Joe's practice runs from 5-6pm and then we have to zoom to another location for Amy's practice which is supposed to run from 6-7.30pm. This week hers hasn't started until 6.10pm as Shaun's assistant was out of state on business all week. Hopefully he can get things started next week. Thursdays are pretty much a re-run of Tuesdays and the hardest part is getting home from school and trying to get everyone fed before heading out around 4.30pm. If we don't eat then we don't get home until after 7.30pm and that's too late for the kids to eat dinner when they have to go to bed for school the next morning. Last night we ate chicken burgers with a selection of veggies and watermelon - yumm!

Today is a little more relaxed. I have a few things to get done around here and then we are heading to McDonald's to meet Joe's friend. His Mom has an interview at the school right next to McD's and I'm just watching him for her until she's done. Originally she was going to bring him here but I thought it would be easier just to meet them out there and it's less driving around plus I need to go to Walmart or Kmart anyway. There are no practices tonight, no meetings to go or anything and I'm very glad about that. Amy is excited for tomorrow morning when she can be lazy. She had a really hard time waking up today after playing soccer for 2.5hrs last night. She was exhausted and grumpy by the time we got home. Hopefully she can stay awake for her spelling test this morning!

Speaking of Amy she has her first game this weekend up in Baltimore. I'm a little nervous but I think we'll do ok. It's just not knowing what the standard of play is going to be like after playing in the rec league down here for so long. Now we're a travel team it should be a lot more competitive. I'm sure the girls will do well - they are looking really good in practices and they are all very keen!

That's about all of my "news" for now I think. My friend Cindy tagged me and you can read all of that below.

Here's what you have to do:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. Living in England!
2. Planning a holiday to the Maldives
3. Working at Eaga
4. Going to the gym regularly
5. Can't remember anything else!

Five things on my to-do list today
1. Get Amy off to school
2. Laundry
3. Watch a friends child for an hour while she's at an interview
4. Go to Kmart/Walmart
5. Finish a cookie bouquet for Melissa's birthday (hope she's not reading this yet!)

Snacks I enjoy
1. Chips
2. Nuts
3. Strawberries
4. Chocolate!
5. Celery and cream cheese

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Pay off mortgage and all bills
2. Put money away for both kids
3. Travel to all the places I've always wanted to go and take a private tutor with us
4. Pay off parents loans/bills
5. Hire John Travolta to fly me back to England any time I wanted to go!

Five of my bad habits
1. Procrastination
2. Putting other peoples needs before my own
3. Not doing enough around the house
4. Not exercising regularly
5. Staying up too late even when I'm really tired

Five places I have lived
1. Cramlington, England
2. Hull, England
3. Silver Spring MD
4. Bowie MD
5. Owings MD

Five jobs I've had
1. Mommy
2. Researcher
3. Housing Officer
4. Research & Development Manager
5, Bar tender

Five Bloggers I tag

Only one actually and that's Denise! I only check a few blogs regularly and everyone else I know has already participated in this. Lame I know but oh well :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh, alright then, I'll try to remember to do this sometime over the weekend ;-)
Girl you wear me out with all that running around stuff you do. I know I do a fair bit myself, but not to soccer practice :-/ you know how I feel about that stuff!!
Still couldn't get K any shoes today. There's a new Foot-something Warehouse opening up soon near Target?, ya never know, I might get lucky!