Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Windy Thursday!

The weather turned wild last night and the noise during the early hours was quite scary at times. I hate lying in bed in the darkness and being able to hear things blowing around outside. The winds continued throughout the day and even though the temps aren't too bad, the wind is making it feel chilly.

Shaun headed out to work this morning and the kids and I were happy to enjoy a fairly lazy morning. I made some phone calls and did some computer stuff and finally made it to the shower! The kids showered too and we all got ready to head out for a playdate with my friend Gina and her kids. We were originally going to go to the park but due to the winds and the fact that everything was still wet from the rain last night we decided to head for McDonalds where the kids could play inside. Talk about a change of climate - it was so hot in there!! The kids all had fun playing and Gina and I got to hang out which is always good. They are heading off on a family cruise this weekend and I am not jealous at all that they'll be baking in the sun and playing on the beach - not jealous, not jealous at all (or am I?).

Once we left there we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner and then we made it back home where Shaun had just returned from the office. Good timing! I prepared dinner in advance as tonight was Joe's first soccer practice of the season and it started at 5pm. Shaun is coaching his team this year as well as Amy's travel team so we have a pretty busy schedule. Of course I get to do all of the admin and chasing around and that is keeping me very busy already and the games haven't even started yet. I must say that I do enjoy it though and I like being involved with a team. We don't know the kids or parents with Joe's team yet so that will take time but Amy's team has been together a few seasons already and we have a great group of parents and kids. I really enjoy their company so it's usually a pleasure to go to practices.

So what do you all have planned for Easter? We don't have anything eggstravagant planned. We always do an egg hunt on Easter morning but that's about as eggciting as it gets (are you sick of the egg jokes yet?) Shaun has in fact rented a bobcat for the weekend to level off some of our land and I'm guessing he'll be doing some of that on Sunday if he doesn't get all finished on Saturday. Hopefully he knows what he's doing and we don't have any trips to the ER. You just never know in our house!!!!


So that's about all the news for today. I've posted a couple of the pics from the kids' Easter egg hunts last week. Joe's class didn't do one at school so we had our own in the park right after school finished. Amy's whole 2nd grade had an egg hunt out on the school fields. They had to find matching eggs. For instance one egg may have "I Have" written on it and they had to go and find "I've" another might have "two hundred and twelve" and they have to find "212." There were over 200 eggs to scatter around the field and myself and 3 other moms did it and it was fun watching the kids race to them once the teacher blew the whistle. It took them a long time to find their pairs and there was a lot of swapping going on.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow, that's a lotta kids! You sure keep busy with doing all their school stuff, no wonder you don't have time to blog ;)
What you doing for Easter? Our weather is nice today and tomorrow then thunder forecast for Sunday and a high of only 56, isn't that just bloody typical! We'll be going to inlaws for dinner after church.