Saturday, June 14, 2008

School's Out and all that!

School is finally out and we're ready to enjoy our summer. I'm so glad of the break and some nice lazy mornings to come:) We haven't had any lazy mornings yet but I know we will this coming week. This has been a busy week as usual with school not finishing until Thursday afternoon. We have managed to swim everyday after school and it's been very hot and humid so the pool has been really nice and warm which is great. It's so warm at times it almost like getting into the bath which isn't really refreshing but it's still nice to be in the water.

Amy's class party was on Wednesday afternoon and I was invited along by her teacher to help out. They were having ice cream sundaes and the Moms (and Joe) got the job of dishing out all the ice cream scoops and toppings. The kids loved it. They also all brought their yearbooks to school that day and they were allowed to roam through all of the second grade classrooms to get the signatures they wanted. I even had my own table for book signings which was cute.

Even Joe had celebrity status!

We gave Mrs Miller her class gift and she loved it. I collected money from parents and we raised $125 and bought a $100 gas card and a $25 Macy's gift card. Mrs M likes nothing more than to drive to visit her grandchildren so we thought the gas card would help out with that. She said she'd be off to use the gas card on Friday before heading to her grandchildren's house for the weekend so I'm glad she has a gift that she can really use. Here's a picture of it. She loves anything to do with pineapples so I bought a fresh one to stick all of the picks in :)


On Thursday we headed to Maggie Moos for ice cream once school let out at 1.30pm. We then went to Walmart for a few things before heading home. We swam for an hour and ate dinner by the pool before heading to soccer. It was very hot again but not as hot as Tuesday's practice where the girls were dropping like flies! Yesterday the kids and I went up to Bowie to shop for Father's Day. We got some goodies for Shaun and also did some shopping for ourselves at Hallmark, Target, Michael's, and Wal-mart. We also had lunch at Chik-fil-A which is always a treat and the kids had time to play there for a few minutes while I decompressed. I had a cake to start and finish before this morning so I did some of that before doing a quick clean up and getting ready to go out on a date with Shaun. We were heading to the movies in Annapolis to go and see The Happening. This was our night out to celebrate our 15th anniversary which was the day before. 15 years - can you believe that????? It really doesn't seem that long but yet when I think back it seems like we've accomplished a lot together in all of that time. Here is a pic of us on our wedding day in 1993 when I was 23 and Shaun was 25.


The sitter came around 7pm and Shaun and I left shortly after. I was tired on the drive and I've been having an awful week with allergies so I wasn't the best company unfortunately. The movie was ok but not as good as M Night Shayamalan usually is. I had said to Shaun when we first saw it advertised that I thought it looked a bit silly and that's exactly what I thought after watching it. It was ok but nothing I'd greatly recommend. Mark Wahlberg is usually such a strong character but I found his character in this movie to be pretty weak and unconvincing. Never mind, it was a night out all the same:) After getting home around 11pm I did a little more work on my cake and then headed to bed around midnight. I was up again at 7am to finish the cake as I'd said I'd call the lady at 9am to arrange delivery. I got it finished by 8.59am so I was able to keep my promise. Here's the finished article.



After delivering that Shaun went off to play soccer and Amy and I put together a gift package for a friends birthday she was attending at noon. It was a pool party and it was a lovely day for it. We stayed there for a little over 3hrs while Joe stayed home with Shaun to swim in our pool (he was home from soccer in time for us to leave). After getting home from there we headed straight for our own pool - it's like coming home - it's always nice to be back in your own place! LOL

Tomorrow we are having some friends over to swim and celebrate Fathers Day - yay Gina! I haven't seen Gina for a while so it will be good to catch up. Hope you all have a great weekend and to all the dad's out there - Happy Fathers Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! How'd the yearbook turn out? Ours was great.. or so the kids said! LOL

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary! I just posted a wedding pic too yesterday, but not for our anni, just to talk about date night too. We went to see Ironman and I thought it was good.
:)