Monday, June 30, 2008

Fresh Start

Another week begins and I have no idea what this week will bring for us. We don't have any real plans other than swimming and seeing some friends. Today the kids want m e to take them to play tennis at the park but it's really hot and muggy. We were supposed to get a big storm last night that would clear the air but it didn't happen so it's still really humid. Apparently there's a big storm system moving across from Ohio today and that should bring cooler air tomorrow. Maybe I can persuade the kids to wait until tomorrow.

One thing I do need to do today is cut the grass out the front event though it's not really the weather to do it. It's looking messy so I really should get out there and at least it's good hill walking exercise for me. The best thing about having the pool too is that you can jump right in when you finish mowing and it's a great way to cool off. Tonight Amy has Technical Training and I think it will be miserable in the heat (unless it ends up getting rained off!)

I got the Eat Clean Diet book from the library a few weeks ago and I sat down and read it cover to cover last night and this morning. It's really a common sense book about eating foods in their closest original form as possible and staying away from the highly processed stuff. Things we all know for sure but need to be reminded of now and again. I'm gonna try and introduce as many "clean foods" into my diet as I can and hopefully I won't go off the rails too quickly. This morning for breakfast I had a bowl of good old fashioned oatmeal sprinkled with fresh blueberries. I was going to go with the instant oatmeal until I read the ingredient list. It didn't seem clean enough and when I read my tub of old fashioned oats it simply had oats as the ingredients and that seemed exactly what I was looking for. It takes a little longer in the microwave but we're only talking a couple of minutes here. It was good and I was surprised at just how much there was but with the contrast of the fresh, almost crunchy blueberries it was really good. I'm not sure what is for dinner tonight but it will be something simple along the lines of grilled chicken and salad seeing as we have to be at soccer by 6pm.

I think that's about all I have for you today. I'm actually struggling to blog this morning. To finish, here's a pic I took of Amy on Friday after she'd had a haircut :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

WOW! Amy is looking so grown up. A new hairstyle will do that to you :)
Hope you can stick with the Clean Eating, I keep trying and get off track now and then but for the main part I feel very concious of the 'processed' foods now and try to have just grilled chicken and salads, or wholewheat pasta when we want spaghetti.
Keep me posted on how you're doing.

Unknown said...

Don't want to know what I just finished eating... um... ice cream :( I'm having a really hard time getting back on track, and I really want to! Maybe you and Denise can steer me in the right direction!