Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun with Friends!

Today Amy had some of her school friends over to swim. She was really excited and kept thanking me all morning for having this party for her. It's not unusual for her to be playing with friends but it is unusual for her to have friends outside of our "usual" group. The weather was perfect for a swim date and the girls were all ready to jump in as soon as they got down to the pool. We had Amy and Joe and 5 girls from school plus one of their brothers. Emma, Sophie's Mom, stayed the whole time and Hannah's Mom stayed for an hour or so and then left with Hannah's brother who kept annoying her:) The girls were all great together and there was no arguing, disagreements or anything - they just had plain old fun. Sydney's Mom came to get her at 1pm but we asked if she could stay longer as she was not ready to go home. Everyone ended up leaving around 4pm

Just as everyone was coming and going I got a call from our babysitter next door asking if she could send her brother and his girlfriend over to our house until their Mom got home. She had to go out to work and her brother and girlfriend couldn't be trusted to be left alone in the house together! So, I also had two 16yr olds to watch for a little while - too funny!

A big storm came over and refilled our pool so that was nice and it was later in the afternoon so it didn't spoil our outdoor fun. The rain lasted a few hours but now it looks beautiful and sunny outside once again. My weeds are growing though so I must get out there in the morning and mow them. Temperatures are supposed to be nice tomorrow so it'll be a good day for it.

Tomorrow we are going to the library in the morning. Amy is very excited as books are just her favorite thing. I'll sign them both up for the Summer Reading program and they will have fun with that. There is at least one book I want to get and I've placed it on hold. It's Jodi Picoult "The Tenth Circle". It's on TV next week so I want to try and read it before then - the movies are never quite as good as the book. We also have a few errands to run tomorrow but it will be a fairly relaxing day. We don't have soccer practice tomorrow night either so it will be our first Tuesday night without that for a long time - what will we do with ourselves?

Ok, that's it from me for tonight. Hope you all had a good day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast! I often wish we had a pool in our backyard.. would make me much more eager to put on that swimsuit! lol

Loved the pics! :)

Denise said...

I miss my pool - whaaaaaaa!!!!!!
I've read The Tenth Circle, I'll be tivo'ing the movie too.
Did you read The Memory Keepers Daughter? that movie is on lifetime tonight. Was a good book too.