Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday

I just couldn't think of another title for today so Wednesday will have to do!!! Nothing terribly exciting today but I thought it was time for an update. This week has been pretty routine so far. I've been to the gym the last 2 mornings and had really good work outs. Yesterday I was a little frustrated because when I got weighed in the morning I'd gained a pound back. After talking to Melissa I decided it was time to change my workout and not just do the same thing every day. Instead of getting on the elliptical I decided to get on the treadmill (which I hate!) and do some running. I managed to do 40 minutes of running and walking which really tired me out but then I headed to the floor to do crunches before moving to the weight machines to work on my upper body. I felt good afterwards! And, when I got up this morning and onto the scales I'd lost the pound I'd regained yesterday plus an extra one which brings my total to 7lbs :)

Today I was volunteering in both kids' classes at school as I do every Wednesday so I don't go to the gym. I was in Joe's class first and I got a lot done for his teacher. I photocopied, made up booklets and then I had a choice of either working in groups with the kids at a center or boring filing of their journal papers. Surprisingly I chose the filing!!!! I like getting to look through the work that they do and the really cute things they write with funny spelling. And, I was starting to get a sinus headache so I thought it was safer to work on my own quietly. Oh, Joe's name was chosen this morning out of the container to be the "Special Person" for the day. He was extremely pleased especially as I was there to see him. The SP gets to be the line leader for the whole day, take the attendance down to the office in the mornings and also take the lunch list and monies to the cafeteria.

After finishing up in Joe's class at 11.30am I headed to Amy's class. There wasn't much for me to do today other than stuff all of the Wednesday folders with this weeks fliers and newsletters. That was pretty much it. It was short and sweet but Amy was happy to see me which is what matters the most :) I then headed home to catch up on emails, pay some bills online and call my Mam and Dad. My Mam had her first round of Chemo today and I was thinking about her all of last night and from the minute I woke up this morning. I know she is doing ok but it would be nice to just pop over for a cuppa and give her a quick hug so she's knows I'm thinking about her. Her appt went well and so far she is feeling pretty good. They gave her a strong dose of anti sickness medication and they gave her anti sickness pills to take home so hopefully she won't be too nauseous. If she as much as sneezes she has to call the hospital immediately. Hopefully things will go to plan and there won't be any drama. It may be hard trying to get through flu season without catching anything when her body does not have any immunity but we must keep our fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I'll be at the gym in the morning and then home for the afternoon I think. I may have to run and get some food supplies in between but that will be about it. We have Amy's soccer practice tomorrow night and then on Friday the kids have a day off school as it's the Maryland Teachers Conference. The kids want to come to the gym with me in the morning and we've arranged to meet some other friends there. After that we may do something else but I'm not quite sure what it will be as yet. We do have Joe's last practice on Friday night and we are having a scrimmage of parents v kids so that should be fun. The kids always really enjoy playing against the grown ups - hopefully there won't be any injuries!!! Joe's last game of the season is on Saturday morning and then we have to head straight to Amy's game which is almost 2hrs away! Can't say I'm looking forward to that commute. She has a birthday party to go to that evening too so hopefully we can get back in time for that. It is a sleepover but she's not staying the night because she also has a game on Sunday. It's a busy weekend!

Well, that's it from me. Hope you made it this far! LOL Have a good rest of the week whatever you are up to.
Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

I've forgotten what your mom's having the chemo for!!!!! but I hope it all works for her and she's not too sick. I know how you feel though about wishing to be there, that's how I felt when my mom was in hospital with pneumonia :(
I'm expecting to put weight on rather than it drop off me cos I will be building muscle (hopefully)! I'll be at the gym again today :) never thought I'd say that I actually like going. I hope it lasts.
Have a great day.
xxx