Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A New Leaf

Just in time for fall I thought it was time to turn over a new leaf! lol What have I done I hear you ask - I've joined the gym! Yes, you heard right - me, at the gym :) I haven't been a member of the gym since I was pregnant with Amy!!!! I had to stop going 10 weeks before she was born when I was put on bed rest and I think I only made it back there a few times after she arrived. Since then I've just tried to do my own thing - walking outside, walking in front of the TV with Leslie Sansone, hitting the treadmill and then of course there's always the "sitting in front of the TV just flicking the remote ":) Now that Joe is in school full time it was time to get my butt in gear (literally) and really make the effort to get in shape. It's fine to admire people's figures and think how lucky some people are to be so thin but then I realize that these are the same people who workout regularly and take care of themselves.

Our soccer club has made a deal with World Gym to work on Speed and Agility training and as a result of that they have offered parents of players the chance to join the gym at a reduced fee. So, it was a really good opportunity to join at a great price - only $19.99 a month - and have that price locked in for life. I joined yesterday with a couple of friends and I took part in my first workout. First off Julie and I just mosied around and took a look at everything and when she had to leave to get to an appointment Melissa turned up and dragged me along to a spinning and abs class. Needless to say my butt hurts a lot today and I'm not sure I can sit on the bike again tomorrow!!!! In the morning I'm meeting Gina there to have our orientation with a trainer and figure out what we are doing. I may go back to the spinning class too. I plan on being a goddess by Christmas. If all goes well I will post my progress. Fingers crossed!

Not a lot else is happening at the moment. We've been running from soccer practice to soccer practice as usual and it's getting tiring and we only just started the season. Shaun has been very busy with work and I have been coaching Joe's practices but hopefully over the next few days things will calm down a little and not be so crazy.

Today
I volunteered at school. Firstly I worked in Joe's class for 2 1/2 hours helping with centers which is always fun. The kids are so funny and cute. I don't think I could manage a full day as a kindergarten teacher - they wear you out as they have to be micro managed. After finishing up in kindergarten I went off to help in Amy's 3rd grade class. There wasn't a lot to do there other than file papers and then sort out the Wednesday folders with this weeks flyer's and graded papers. There was nothing else for me to do so I left there and headed to Prince Frederick. I stopped at Panera bread first to have some lunch - yumm :) From there I ran to Wal-mart and GNC and then headed back home to quickly clean up. Melissa then called to say she had her days mixed up and was at school ready to volunteer though she forgot it was Wednesday and not Thursday. So, she came by my house and we had coffee and cookies before heading into school to pick up the kids.

We had a lot of homework to get through tonight including studying with Amy for a math and spelling test tomorrow. She did good so hopefully her tests will go well. Other than that we've just been hanging out and catching up on Tivo'd TV shows. Shaun has been in VA all day and he left before 6am this morning so we have not seen him. He is playing soccer tonight - his first game of the season in his over 30s league and he went straight there from work. He will be home around 9pm and I'm sure he'll be exhausted. Tomorrow he should be working from home so it will be good to actually see him!

Ok
, well I think I've rambled enough and I had only planned on making a quick post! Hope you all had a great day.

Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

Well it's our turn for a storm now, Ike is heading for Texas! School is on tomorrow but the kids will be released 2 hours early. We should be ok but will still have heavy winds and rain I think. Houston looks like it might be hit hard and 1000's of people are evacuating to Austin. Some of the schools nearby will be sheltering them.
I can't wait to hear how you get on at the gym - hope you like it. I've never fancied joining a 'real' gym, I can't even get myself to the workout express on a regular basis!