Thursday, September 18, 2008

Body aches!

Well since I last blogged I have been working out hard at the gym. I am really enjoying going in the mornings as soon as I've dropped the kids at school and I meet up with friends there to work out with. Last week I eased into it by walking on the treadmill a couple of miles and using the leg and upper arms machines and the aches the next morning told me I was giving my muscles a good work out. On Tuesday this week 4 of us paid a personal trainer and we had a group session for 1hr. Can I just say "Oh My God!!!!" What a huge difference it made having someone tell us what to do and push us to do the absolute best we could before giving up. We were all dying by the end but at the same time I felt really great and the workout was fun. The guy we worked with has a great personality and he is really funny so it helped to have that rather than some of the more serious trainers. I was seriously hurting when I woke up yesterday morning.

Yesterday I volunteered at school and didn't get home until 1pm so I did not get to the gym. I got my exercise instead by mowing at the front of the house on the steep hill. This morning I met Gina and Melissa at the gym again. After a quick warm up on the treadmill we moved to the floor and began trying to remember what the trainer had done with us on Tuesday. Luckily for us he was there and had no clients at the time so he ended up coming over and working with us again. It was another fabulous workout and I was there for a full 2hrs. By the time I left I was totally exhausted and HUNGRY!!!! Not a good time to hit the grocery store but I was careful about what I bought not wanting to ruin all of my hard work so I had a Kashi bar to calm my hunger and then for lunch I ate a spinach salad with fresh chicken breast and a low fat yogurt to follow. The only problem is that now I'm home I can't be bothered to do anything!!! LOL

We have soccer practice tonight and then at 7pm I am going to the school for Joe's kindergarten Open House. I have to leave there no later than 8pm to get back home as Shaun then has to head out to a soccer meeting at 8.30pm. Busy, busy, busy.

All in all life is good and I am feeling really positive. Funny how exercising and taking time out for myself can really do that. I should've done it a long time ago but I suppose it's better late than never. I'm determined to be a hot Momma by Christmas!!!!!

Have a great day!

Julie

1 comment:

Denise said...

2 HOURS!!!!! ARE YOU MAD? seriously, I don't think I could do anything in a gym for two hours! I didn't even bother going this week to the ladies workout :-/ I know, bad me, but I am just not feeling motivated and now I've got a sore throat again and don't know if it's allergies or if I'm getting another cold? I thought I was taking stuff to help my immune system, I shouldn't still be getting sore throats :(
Anyway, well done you. Keep it up, and keep me posted ;-)