Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Phew!

This week seems to have been a whirlwind already and we're only halfway through it. Yesterday was crazy Tuesday (as always) and I was exhausted when I finally got into bed last night. I volunteered in school in the morning and then headed to the grocery store, picked up Joe etc. I had volunteered (I know, sometimes I should just say nothing!) to make a cake for the teachers luncheon today for Teacher Appreciation Week. I was bringing a cake on "salad day" so I thought I'd make it fit in with the theme. I worked on it last night after we got home from practices and then I raced home this morning after dropping the kids off at school to finish up. It was supposed to be at school by 10.45am ready for the first lunch shift at 11am. I made it there by 10.59am!!!! I really was pushing it and just managed a quick photo before I headed out the door. It turned out pretty cute don't you think?

So, now that is out of the way I can breathe - just a little. I have to run back to Joe's preschool in about 40mins to clean up there and then I'll be off to pick up Amy. It's beautiful here today - around 84 degrees, so we'll definitely head to the playground for a little while after school and I can catch up with my Mommy friends. Shaun has soccer with his adult team tonight so he'll be heading to his game just before 6pm.

This weekend our Select team (Amy's team) are having a fundraiser at the winery which I'm looking forward to. We have around 65 people coming and all of the team parents are making the appetizers and desserts so I need to start baking again soon for that. I may make a start on it tonight or I may just wait and do it all tomorrow or Friday. We'll see how I feel. I probably should just get it done and out of the way and then I can always freeze my goodies and forget about them until Saturday.

We have just ordered the sod for half of the front yard - the section that is in front of the house. It's still just dirt from when Shaun dug it all out and levelled it off. It will be nice to have grass again especially when it rains. Of course, we have to lay the sod too which is probably going to be a back breaker. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but it will be nice afterwards.

We opened our pool on Sunday and I can't wait until we can get in it. It was quite gross this year - full of algae and pollen but it's cleaning up nicely with the addition of some chemicals. The weather is definitely warming up quickly although in Maryland it can also change just as quick. Hopefully the water will be nice and warm soon.

Well that's my update for now as I need to get ready to head back out the door. Hope you are all having a good week!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Your cakes always look too good to eat:-)
The one thing I liked about a pool in TX is that you didn't have to empty it at the end of the season, we could have gotten in it in December if we'd heated it up! I miss having a pool I must admit. I know you'll enjoy yours a ton again this year.
Thanks for the hug, hope the rest of your day goes well.
xxxx

Unknown said...

I agree with Denise!! I'd just hate to cut in to one of your cakes! LOL They always look so good, I'd hate to ruin it by cutting it up! :)

Anonymous said...

My family has no problem cutting into Julie's cake! Although they are beautiful on the outside, they are even better on the inside!!!! Gina

Denise said...

DID THE RAIN WASH YOUR COMPUTER AWAY?
:-p
Where you be at?